How Loud Is This AmpliDECT 595?
The AmpliDECT 595 features a maximum receiving volume of 50dB (16x louder than a standard phone), three-level tone control and hearing aid compatibility. The volume of the ringer is fully adjustable (five levels plus the mute setting), and the phone offers five polyphonic and five normal extra-loud ringtones on the handset. There are also five extra-loud ringtones on the base, ensuring the phone can be heard.
Is This Phone Easy to Use by the Elderly?
The AmpliDECT 595 Amplified Telephone is designed to be easy to use even for those who might find using a traditional cordless phone overwhelming. If the handset is on the base station, all you need to do to answer a call is to pick up the handset. If the handset is not on the charging cradle, you’ll need to press either the green button or the speaker button to answer a call (two speaker button presses activates speakerphone).
Does the Phone Feature Voice Assist?
Yes, the voice assist function will clearly read out information to the user, making it ideal for the visually impaired. The voice assist features:
- The ability to save a voice recording of the names of up to four contacts, which will be read out when they call
- A talking keypad that will read out the number on each button when pressed to assist with dialling
- Four language options (English, French, German and Dutch)
How Do I Set It Up?
The process of setting up this Cordless Amplified Telephone is very straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Plug the adaptor into a wall socket, and the line cord into a telephone jack or a DSL filter (not included).
- On the handset, insert the battery pack (included) in the battery compartment and replace the cover.
- Charge the handset by placing it face forward in the base. Charge the batteries for at least 12 hours when charging for the first time.
- Directions for pairing additional handsets can be found in the user manual below.
- 1 x Base station
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor
- 3 x NiMH rechargeable battery
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User’s manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 50dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord
- SOS button
- Caller ID